Friday, September 09, 2005

Sic itur...

After many enjoyable days touring Umbria from my base in Perugia, it's time to move on again. First stop is Bologna, to visit the lovely Melissa and the Museo Civico Archeologico. On Sunday, a change of pace: I head south to Molise to start work on an organic farm located between Bojano (Bovianum) and Campobasso, in the heart of ancient Samnium -- you'll notice the many towns with "Del Sannio" or "Sannitico" in their names... to the northwest are Isernia (Aesernia), chief city of the Pentrian Samnites and Pietrabbondante, a major Samnite sanctuary. I'll probably stay there for about a month, before heading about 10 km north to another farm. I'm not sure how regular the internet service will be, so posting may become sporadic once more. Thanks to all my readers for bearing with me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i <3 you dan! your postings are really cool and i totally loved seeing your pictures. dont forget to send some mail over this way! ciao!

Anonymous said...

SO JEALOUS THAT YOU ARE SEEING MISSY!!!!!!!! give her a BIG HUG for me!!!!! and of course, a HUGE hug for YOU.

Anonymous said...

PS i just got a letter from you and it totally made my day! :-D